How To Cure Shoulder Blade Pain
Table Of Contents
- 1. What causes Shoulder Blade Pain?
- 2. Stretching The Shoulder
- 3. Applying Heat
- 4. Releasing Hypertonic Muscles
- 5. Stretching The Spine
- 6. Opening The Chest
- 7. Trigger Point Release
- 8. Avoiding Triggers
- 9. Eliminating Other Causes
- 10. Conclusion
Lesson 1: What Causes Shoulder Blade Pain?
So you've got Shoulder Blade pain - but do you really? First step in figuring out why you have Shoulder Blade pain, is to figure out the cause. There are many non-muscular causes of shoulder blade pain that should be ruled out first before we think this is solely a muscular issue.
Some obscure reasons for shoulder blade pain include:
- Neurogenic Issues such as a pinched nerve, herniated disc, etc.
- Cardiopulmonary Causes such as pleuralitis, etc.
- Atypical Presentation of Cancers
- Fibromyalgia or other muscular dystrophies
Now that you have eliminated those causes of shoulder blade pain, it's time to explore the MOST COMMON CAUSES of shoulder blade pain.
The #1 MCC (most common cause) is indeed .... Poor Posture!